fredag 24. mars 2017

Notes from the Road

As a very young man, I heard this song and wished it was about me, haha.. :)
A year ago, or something, I discovered she was singing about Bob Dylan. The same very young man - me - would have wanted to be him too. Or that 'original vagabond' that he projected. The legendary stranger. One of the wandering storytellers or bards of old. 

Or a wandering yogi... As a slightly older, but still very young man, I met with wandering yogis in India who wanted to read my fortune for money. The cafe host brushed them off by declaring "You who don't even know where your next meal is going to come from, how could you possibly foresee anyone's future?" A cautionary tale, perhaps. I took it to heart. There's a difference between wandering and drifting. 

I saw a glimpse of that very young man today. The one who listened to "Diamonds and Dust"' and I think he gave me a thumbs up. 
For a moment I felt in touch with my souls purpose, or at least one of them ;) Btw I'm heading home. I like that too - Very much! :)



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar